These NiMH rechargeable batteries come pre-charged. As soon as you open the package, plop eneloops into the battery compartment of your camera and begin taking photos.
But this is not the only good news!
These “hybrid” batteries have a long shelf life with little loss of energy. You can store them away for months and, according to the manufacturer (Sanyo) they’ll still hold up to 85% of their charge while not in use.
A digital photographers dream come true…at least mine!
PROS of eneloop batteries
- eneloop are NiMH rechargeable batteries that ship fully charged. Yup, you read that right: there is no need to charge before the first use.
- According to Sanyo, their eneloop batteries hold about 85% of their power up to 12 months when not used.
- They last four times longer than alkalines
- they are said to have excellent stability when used in low temperatures.
- No special charger required – If you already have a charger for NiMH batteries, you don’t have to buy a new one.
- No memory effect – the batteries can be recharged before drained of power with no negative effects on overall battery life or performance.
CONS of eneloop batteries
- do not charge as fast as some rechargeable batteries