If you’re a Nexus 7 tablet owner, you know it is far from ideal for taking photos. There is no rear facing camera and the front facing camera is mediocre at best.
Still, you can download or transfer images to the tablet and enhance them with any number photo editing apps available for the Nexus 7 and other android devices.
Pixlr Express easy to use
I’ve tried many photo editing apps but none has impressed me as much as Pixlr Express by Autodesk. It’s one of the best apps currently available and is extremely easy to use even if don’t have photo editing experience.
What’s hard to believe is that this feature-packed app is free!
Pixlr Express features include:
- a one-click ‘Auto Fix’ tool to automatically adjust out-of-balance color and to correct dark photos and poor lighting conditions
- crop, straighten and rotate images
- select from six aspect ratios when cropping, or do custom crop
- overlays amplify the tone, cool it down or add surrealistic shades and shapes such as fireworks, tie day, neon, bokeh and retro poster
- lighting effects to add drama, sparkle or a grunge look. You can adjust the intensity and orientation of each effect (rotate, vertical, horizontal)
- add a border, the plain vanilla type or one that’s really fancy such as ripped paper, film, grunge or pattern
- photo adjustment such as sharpen, contrast, focal blur, denoise and spot touch–ups
- remove red-eye and even whiten teeth
- color tools let you adjust contrast, brighten, or focus on one area to add a splash of color
- effects can be undone or redone
- favorite button to bookmark and quickly find your favorite effects, overlays and borders
- share photos on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other sharing apps. You can also save the edited image back to your gallery
- images can be saved at full resolution
Though the developer describes Pixlr Express as capable of resizing images, as of this writing, you can not. Instead, you choose small, medium or large sizes from the settings menu or select “none” to save images at their full resolution. It would be nice if you could resize images to the actual size you want.
Be aware that when not connected to wi-fi on the Nexus 7, some effects may be unavailable.
If you’re looking for a photo editing and enhancing app for your Nexus 7, give Pixlr Express a try. You won’t be disappointed and you’ll be able to create and share some very impressive-looking photos. You can learn more about the Pixlr Express app at the Google Play Store.