Panasonic FZ18 features
Here is a partial listing of the features found on the Panasonic FZ18:
- 8 megapixels
- 18x wide-angle optical zoom – 28mm – 504mm/equivalent
- Extended Optical Zoom – shoot telephoto up to 804mm/equivalent (requires reducing the megapixel setting)
- Two speed zoom lever
- Two optical image stabilization modes
- 2.5″ fixed LCD display
- Electric viewfinder with diopter adjustment
- Six AutoFocus modes including Face Detection; two are high speed
- High Angle mode – makes viewing the LCD easier taking photos when the camera is held above your head.
- Telemacro mode – take close up photos from a distance when using the zoom
- Intelligent Auto Mode – automatically chooses all camera settings, and even changes settings as it detects the type of scene being photographed
- Intelligent ISO – senses when a subject is moving and raises the ISO and shutter speed. This helps prevent motion blur when taking action shots.
- Face Detection – focuses and exposes for up to 15 faces in a scene; automatically adjusts settings if subjects’ faces move or their positions change
- 14 exposure modes, 14 scene modes
- Advanced Scene Modes – for Indoor Portraits, Scenery, Sports and Night Portraits. The Custom function within each mode is cool. Each Advanced Scene Mode is accessed via the mode dial (manual pg. 57).
- Custom Settings Mode – three banks to save favorite camera settings so they can be accessed quickly
- ISO from 100 to 1600, plus a High Sensitivity mode which goes from ISO 1600 – 6400 (if anyone dare use it)
- Picture Adjust – Ability to change factory default image settings for Contrast, Sharpness, Saturation and Noise Reduction
- Exposure Compensation and Flash Compensation
- Joystick – Every camera should have one!
And get a load of this. The FZ18 weighs only 14.4 oz (407 g), including battery.