I don’t care for the factory default settings of most digital cameras, so I change them as soon as I get a camera. These are the settings I use for the Panasonic FZ3.
- Metering – Spot – this actually works best since I live in a sunny climate
- Sensitivity – 80 – 100
- Auto focus mode – Spot-focusing
- Auto focus assist – ON
- AF Trigger – shutter-release button
- Continuous Auto Focus – OFF
- White balance – Auto
- Image stabilizer – Mode 2
- Digital Zoom – OFF
- Picture adjust – Standard
- Play on LCD – ON
- Power save – 5 minutes
- Auto review – Zoom*
- Flash – set white balance to Flash when using the flash
* I shut off Auto review completely when using Burst mode, or otherwise need to take photos in quick succession using high shutter speeds.