There is no better way to preserve memories of the special moment in your life, and to share them with others than capturing them with photos.
The suggestions in this section will help you to prepare for the event and then take great shots once you’re there.
We begin by offering a few general suggestions:
Before the event
- Take a series of test shots to make sure your digital camera is functioning.
- Review camera settings you are most likely use; for inside events be particularly aware of the ISO and white balance.
- Set the camera to its best file size and resolution settings.
- Clean your camera, make sure the lens is free from dust and finger prints.
- Bring extra, fully charged batteries.
- Make sure you have enough memory card capacity.
- If you have two cameras, bring both so you have a backup if one fails.
At the event
- Arrive early and take several test photos.
- Case the joint, so you know the best locations to take photos. Make sure lighting is adequate at each location.
- Set up any camera equipment, such as a tripod, before the event begins.