Dropping a digital camera is not fun. The most common way a camera gets dropped may surprise you, just as it did the editors of PC Photo magazine when they conducted a survey on the topic. Oh, and it’s probably something you do!
We asked many of our Digicamhelp visitors the same question. Less than a handful got the answer right.
Here’s what they guessed:
- When the strap breaks or comes undone.
- Not using the wrist or neck strap.
- By not having a good grasp and a neck or hand loop.
- When replacing the batteries.
- When it is taken in or out of the case, or whatever you use to keep it safe.
- When its strap gets entangled with some doorknob, car handle, etc.
- When using the self-timer.
- When opening the memory card door.
- When it gets knocked off a a table.
- When it falls out of your pocket.
- When it simply slips off the hand carrying it around.
- When holding camera using wet fingers at the beach.
- When picking up another item.
So then, just what is the most common way a digital camera gets dropped?
Passing a camera around so friends can look at photos on the LCD.
Be forewarned! 🙂